About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Personal Inferno

Aaaaaaaaand I'm a turtle.

This social anxiety thing is incredibly inconvenient. I got a call for an interview which I was more or less expecting, but for a different position that is way more public than the one I applied for originally. Just the thought of the place makes me nauseous. It's a small area that can get super busy. There are a few positions within, but every single one involves talking to people. Not going to lie, it sounds like a wicked fun job, but maybe more for someone less social/claustrophobic.

I've been getting calls from numbers I don't have in my phone, and every one of them makes my heart race. It's like a pop quiz that you're not prepared for. My heart and brain are screaming, "THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!" It's the same thing when I have to call someone, and heaven forbid I have to leave a message. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

The thing is, I know I should like being around people because I don't always like being alone, but I don't. Makes me wonder if that's why I like cemeteries so much. Technically people, but no pressure to talk or make an impression. Plus the old ones are absolutely beautiful...

I almost forgot! This lovely lady features someone new every Friday, and yesterday was my day! Her blog is amazing and inspiring! I love reading it! This link will take you to the feature, but please, please, PLEASE read more! You'll thank me. I promise.

I got to play this in high school. Love these pieces!
"The Divine Comedy-- Inferno"~ Robert W. Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment