About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Gee, Thanks

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks to growing up under the thumb of a toxic father, I’ve finally decided that moving out is my number one priority. I looked into renting in quite a few places, but I randomly looked up less expensive condos and whatnot. Yeah, it’s significantly less to buy than it would be to rent. I got connected to a mortgage lender and buyer’s agent, and have been working with both.

Now, every time I’ve tried something, even if it was just an idea (like that history video thing that never went anywhere), I’ve had 100% support from everyone. I got 100% support when I decided to go back to school, get a job, even when I stopped talking the the narcissist. Every single person I’ve told about moving out has been less than supportive. They’re treating me like that special ed kid who doesn’t understand the real world. Believe it or not, I do understand that living alone, whether renting or buying, costs money. I’m not just going to save up a grand, move into a place I can’t afford, then leave a month later. I understand the concept of HOAs and taxes. I also understand that this is a big decision. So people, I beg you, stop treating me like my IQ is 12.

Seriously, if you can’t at the very least show the pros along with the cons, don’t say anything at all. There are rare instances where every outcome is negative. This is not one of them. However, staying in this house with he-who-can-do-no-wrong will end up one of two ways: a bullet in my head, or me in prison for putting one in his.

I’m not asking you to blindly support me. I need to know the things you’ve run into when buying your home. But I need the bad and the good. 

Things to keep in mind:
- I wouldn’t consider a place unless I can afford it (that really shouldn’t have to be said)
- I’m dying in this house. Whether some people (mom) want to believe it or not, narcissistic abuse is abuse.
- I do, in fact, understand what I’m getting myself into.
- You’re not going to stop me from saving myself.



1 comment:

  1. Nor should you subject yourself to the constant abuse. I support you fully. Buying can be hard. Make sure you are super picky when doing your walkthrough before closing and have them fix any issues you see. I suggest taking pictures and some blue tape to mark blemishes on walls etc so that you ensure it is taken care of.

    ReplyDelete