About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Blamed

So done with Karen...

I’ve been at my job for less than two months, and have been reported to management, by customers, twice. Neither time did I do what was reported.

First, someone called and said I’d used curse words to describe a customer. I don’t curse at work. It’s called professionalism. But it still counted as my “first offense”. Today, I get called in because management got a call saying I was speaking against another customer, in a demeaning way. This happened, yes. But, as I told management, I was not the only one involved. But that didn’t seem to matter, as neither of the others were called in. I know exactly why this is, but I’m not going to get into it. This is my “second offense”. 

So, I pose this question to all the Karens in the world: What makes you think it’s okay to make a complaint, without knowing exactly what you heard? Is it “I think I heard a bad word, while the employee was mumbling under her breath, ten feet away”, now? Is that really grounds for endangering someone’s job?!?! 

All I have to say is, I hope someone calls in false accusations to your management, and your job is put in jeopardy. And believe me when I say that I’ll be watching each person, taking names, and keeping perfect records of what I say, and who else is saying the exact same things. 

I’m done being the scapegoat for literally everything. Someone hears something, and suddenly it’s my fault. It’s been this way, my entire life. I’ve been blamed for doing and saying things that I wasn’t even around for, and people think this is okay. 

Example: For a while, I had to have princess narcissist share my bedroom. When she moved back to her room, she blamed me for the clay that had got ground into the carpet... on her side of the room. And this was believed for years by mom and king narc. Wanna guess which one of us played with clay, and which one didn’t ever touch it? Or should I just tell you?

There’s a reason I’m quiet, and have never stood up for myself. It’s because of idiots, just like these, who take someone else’s word for gospel truth, and anything I say is apparently just lies, trying to get myself out of trouble. I’ve lost track of how many things I’ve been blamed for, because it’s been so damn common in my life. 

Masks make it impossible to know who’s talking, unless you are less than a foot away. People damn well better be 150% sure what they’re talking about, before they complain, and putting someone’s job at risk.

People like these, are actually the cause of suicide for many. I totally understand. It gets to a point where you just... give up. Stop trying, because nobody believes you. Yeah, I’ve lied. Many times. Who hasn’t? But when it comes to blaming someone, just to have someone to blame... I hope those people are happy knowing that they’ve not just ended jobs, but lives, as well.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK

1 comment:

  1. That is incredibly sad and annoying that people do that. Why?? I just don’t understand what they have to gain from it.

    ReplyDelete