About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Girl Talk

I'm crabby.

Let's be honest, ladies. Not one single woman on the planet jumps for joy at the arrival of her period each month. We all get crabby because we feel like we got hit by a truck, we have to pay a ridiculous amount for supplies to maintain something we never asked for, and those supplies are freakishly uncomfortable, but having to deal with those hormones along with what's already going on inside my head is, well, less than fun.

I can be called moody on the best of days, but during my far-too-frequent "special time," (Side note: whoever started calling it that should be shot.) being anywhere near me makes you a target. I think I should design a shirt that says:
 
WARNING:
Close proximity to occupant
may result in serious injury!
 
I used to have one that said "Caution: Does Not Play Well With Others," but I outgrew it when I was 18 (ok... I finally threw it out when I was 18 because I'd had it since I was 12 and much, much smaller). Yeah... there was no point in telling you that...
 
Anyhow... You'd think that there would be some kind of cosmic exception making it impossible to have that many mood swings. I've basically succumbed to the fact that, I will be spiraling down an emotional vortex of doom every four weeks and hide as much as I can.
 
On the bright side: I have pizza.
 
Twitter: @AROTBEblog
Facebook Group: A Ride On The Bipolar Express
 
This.
 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, periods suck. I know how you feel... However, I am learning how to try and embrace my period. I agree with most of what this person is saying on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLbrvDael6U

    ReplyDelete