I've been binge watching Gilmore Girls since it hit Netflix. I watched it on TV faithfully (almost) every week, bought the DVDs when they came out, and dream of being just like Loreli. Here's why...
- Ok, can you say "awesome name"?!
- She's incredibly quick witted.
- She's confident in everything she does.
- She can coherently stand up for herself when she needs to.
- She's not afraid to just dive in.
Well, as I think about how much I would love to be Loreli, I was noticing how much I'm like Luke.
- He's antisocial.
- He's not terribly eloquent.
- He pushes most people away,
- He doesn't accept that someone could actually like him.
- He sounds angry when he talks, even when he's happy(ish).
I have a tendency to daydream, and I'm usually imagining myself as someone just like Loreli. It makes me happy to think that I could be happy, confident, and well liked. Then I get back to the real world and realize that I'm still the same old me.
When I get asked if I like myself, the most positive thing I can respond with is, "some aspects." Sure, I've got things I like about myself, but overall, I'm not my own biggest fan. Most of the time, I can't think of the things I do like, so I'm going to put them here as a reminder for myself.
- I'm a realist.
- I'm a music encyclopedia.
- I've got fabulous hair. Shallow alert!
- I'm freakishly organized.
- I don't let outside influences alter my style.
Anyway... here's the only song that came into my head while writing this...
"Curse of Curves"~ Cute Is What We Aim For
Facebook Group: A Ride On The Bipolar Express