About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shallow As A Shower

"If you're out on the road..."

I've been binge watching Gilmore Girls since it hit Netflix. I watched it on TV faithfully (almost) every week, bought the DVDs when they came out, and dream of being just like Loreli. Here's why...

  1. Ok, can you say "awesome name"?!
  2. She's incredibly quick witted.
  3. She's confident in everything she does.
  4. She can coherently stand up for herself when she needs to.
  5. She's not afraid to just dive in.
I could go on for quite some time, but I'll spare you from my fangirl rants.

Well, as I think about how much I would love to be Loreli, I was noticing how much I'm like Luke.

  1. He's antisocial.
  2. He's not terribly eloquent.
  3. He pushes most people away,
  4. He doesn't accept that someone could actually like him.
  5. He sounds angry when he talks, even when he's happy(ish).
Again, I could go on, but I'll spare you from my self-deprecating rants this time.

I have a tendency to daydream, and I'm usually imagining myself as someone just like Loreli. It makes me happy to think that I could be happy, confident, and well liked. Then I get back to the real world and realize that I'm still the same old me.

When I get asked if I like myself, the most positive thing I can respond with is, "some aspects." Sure, I've got things I like about myself, but overall, I'm not my own biggest fan. Most of the time, I can't think of the things I do like, so I'm going to put them here as a reminder for myself.

  • I'm a realist.
  • I'm a music encyclopedia.
  • I've got fabulous hair. Shallow alert!
  • I'm freakishly organized.
  • I don't let outside influences alter my style.
Not gonna lie... that took 20 minutes to think of just those 5 things.

Anyway... here's the only song that came into my head while writing this...

"Curse of Curves"~ Cute Is What We Aim For

 
Twitter: @AROTBEblog
Facebook Group: A Ride On The Bipolar Express

No comments:

Post a Comment