About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, February 9, 2015

Just Another Title

Gotta suck it up, right? No.

I've been ridiculously sick for the last week or so and have been stuck in bed with my tissues, NyQuil, and Netflix. Now, normally this would sound fun, but when I have a job, it seriously messes with me.

When I start a new job (or go back after being a walking virus), it takes me a while to get into the groove. My anxiety skyrockets and I become the reincarnation of Harry Houdini. Some jobs take more time to get used to than others. If my schedule is the same days and times every week, it's going to take me a bit longer than if it changed. It actually took me seven weeks to make all my scheduled hours at my current job.

Best part of working at a school: 2 week Christmas break.
Worst part of working at a school: 2 week Christmas break.

I haven't recovered from the break yet and it's February! So much has piled on in the last few weeks that have made me miss work that I haven't even been able to make half my hours since we came back in January! 

Right now, I'm sitting on my bed, making myself nauseous with the idea of going in today. I love my job, but my brain has other ideas.

"Xiat"~ Trevor Moran
"Trying to do normal things I used to pursue.
So fired up, but now rotting inside.
I do my hardest to break out of this shell.
Without a crack, I'm still stuck in this Hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment