About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Anti-social Media

Why can't there be a juice cleanse for your life?

I've come to the conclusion that I need to remove toxic people from my life. Now, toxic can mean something different to everyone (people who use you, people who are always negative, etc.), but for me, it means people who don't bother to make me feel worthwhile.

I've taken to heart the whole, "Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option," thing. The problem with this, however, is the "real life vs. social media" thing. I've got people on Facebook and Twitter who I talk with sometimes or they comment on things every now and then. This is great! I don't need to be the number one priority in every one of my Facebook friend's life, but it's nice to know they acknowledge my existence. It's the ones who don't even notice when I've commented on their things or bother to hit "like" on anything that need to go.

I'm down below 100 friends, and honestly, I feel so much better! I tend to get upset when I put forth an effort in a friendship and it's not reciprocated, and social media just makes that worse. Actually, social media makes everything worse, but I'll spare you my "technology is ruining our society and creating a generation of idiots" rant.

On second thought... This video is everything I feel...

1 comment:

  1. Two talks at church - youth talks about the danger of too much technology and how impersonal it can be.

    ReplyDelete