About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Simple Things

Did I stammer?

My biggest pet peeve is when someone either doesn't listen to me or hears something wrong and doesn't bother to ask for clarification. This is a daily occurrence at my house. The worst part is when I'm already visibly upset and get misheard. This will send me into "stare at the ground and shut mouth" mode every time.

My family has seen me in this mode so many times that I'm sure they know I'm upset, but it's rare to hear a "what's wrong?" Is it really that difficult to see that I'm upset? No. Someone I've never met could see it. Granted, I don't always want to talk about whatever it is that's bugging me, but it never hurts to ask.

The absolute worst thing anyone could ever do is know that I'm upset and completely ignore the fact. Like I said, I may not want to talk about it right then, but don't just go on talking about the schedule or, my favorite, tell me personal things about people I don't know and don't care about.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm upset. I'm sending a good friend back to her home in England, my computer keeps kicking me out of whatever I'm trying to do, and I didn't get the job that I (strangely enough) actually wanted.

Word of advice: when you see someone agitated or upset, ask why. It's not difficult. You never know how a simple kindness will affect that person.

"Appreciated"~ Rixton

No comments:

Post a Comment