About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Outcast

I really just don't understand why people don't care.

I've had people tell me that I write about something that others are too afraid to, that I'm a good writer, and that they enjoy my posts. In the last month, I've had two people share my posts. Yep... it really affects you.

I was scrolling through my Facebook just now and saw one friend post that she has had over five hundred views on her blog in one day. I had nineteen yesterday. She thanked her friends and family for sharing and supporting and attributes her number to them. I'm not trying to downplay her or her blog because she is amazing and so is her blog! I'm just curious why I don't have people who care enough about me or what I have to say.

I have asked, begged, and even bribed people to share my posts, yet nobody ever does. I've threatened to kill my blog a few times because of lack of interest, and every time I see others get that much love, I still think about it. I mean, if you like a restaurant, you tell others about it. Why, then, do you read my post, like it, but not share?

It has been this way in everything I've ever done. I go to a birthday party for a friend and there are so many people there. I could invite fifty people to mine and three would show up. I just wish that people could understand exactly how much it hurts to be excluded by the people who are supposed to care.

I may not be the most intelligent or sociable person, but you will never find a better, more loyal friend.

"Through The Dark"~ One Direction

2 comments:

  1. No, 500 views was my all time number. I was being cheeky about it, posting it on FB because I feel the same one. Other then one or two friends, most people are not supportive at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got ya. There are others who get thousands of views every day because of friend and family support. It's annoying :(

      Delete